We are looking for the best and brightest diverse student leaders to participate in this historic program. There will be internship opportunities for undergraduate, masters and Ph.D. level students in Analytics, Animation, Art, Engineering, Game Design, and much more!
Students from HBCUs with an expected graduation date between December 2023 and June 2025 are encouraged to apply. Upon acceptance into the program students will be immersed in a 12-week intensive internship experience working behind the scenes with Activision.
Positions you can apply for include:
Game Design: World/Level Design
Game Design: AI Design
Game Design: Core Gameplay Design
Game Design: Systems Design
Game Design: UX Design
Game Design: Audio Design
Game Design: Narrative Design
Before you get started, make sure you have all the necessary elements:
Current Photo (this will be your official Cohort photo, make it a good one)
Optional Letter of Recommendation
All forms must be in PDF format.
Your Photo must be PNG or JPG
Fill out all four sections to complete your application.
Be sure to review all guidelines and rules before completing your application.
Make sure you provide all the information before the application closes, October 16, 2022 / 11:59 PM (PST). Applications that haven’t been completed by that date will be disregarded.
You will need to have your resume and a photo to apply
Your Resume must be saved as a PDF
Once you fill out all the information on the form and attached your resume and photo, your application will be sent to the review committee
Finalists will be notified by the end of January and will be asked to submit a two-minute video supporting their interest to participate in the program. Finalists will upload their video via YouTube, Vimeo, or a publicly shared Google folder. Private videos and broken links will be disqualified.
All items must be submitted before an application will be considered.
Eligibility and Rules
This highly competitive program will be open to undergraduate, masters and Ph.D. level students majoring in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or a related technical field, with an interest to pursue a career in the gaming, technology and the interactive entertainment space. Students will be required to commit to a 12-week paid internship in Los Angeles.
- Applicants must be enrolled full-time at an HBCU or Minority Serving Institution (MSI).
- College Students transferring from a community college to a four-year HBCU or MSI may also apply.
- Students who will have completed college or graduate school prior to December 31, 2022, will NOT be eligible.
- Non-US citizens must provide an INS work authorization permit or CPT letter within 10 days after notification of being selected to participate in the internship program to qualify as an intern. In order to be paid, you must have a U.S. Social Security number prior to the start of your internship.
- All internships are paid by the host company for a 40-hour work week.
- Housing for all selected interns will be provided.
- Internship start dates will take place between late May/early June, and end in August. Host companies will determine the exact start date once the student intern has been identified and selected.
- All students selected may be subject to a background check prior to final internship placement by the host Company.
Participation in an Entertainment Industry HBCU Immersion experience in Los Angeles.
Participate in a 12-week internship with the leading worldwide developer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and products on consoles, mobile and PC: delighting players around the world with innovative, fun, thrilling, and engaging entertainment experiences.
Participate in various professional development programs to equip participants for employment upon graduation
Receive career guidance and coaching from industry professionals
EICOP’s HBCU in LA Internship Program is designed to complement and enhance students’ educational experience by creating access to an invaluable internship experience, to develop students both personally and professionally in order to leverage opportunities that can lead to employment post-graduation.
HOW TO COMPLETE
Complete all the fields on the form
Attach a one-page résumé. (PDF).
Attach your picture (headshot).
Note: Your headshot must be a JPG file. Your résumé must be PDF files.
All Applicants will be reviewed by the HBCU in LA selection committee. Top applicants will then be submitted to the Activsion recruitment team for internship consideration. All applicants will be notified by May or sooner if they have been awarded a spot in our 2023 Activision + HBCU in LA summer cohort!