The HBCU in LA Internship Program, along with HBCU in NY and HBCU in ATL, has been a success from its inception. In 2017 the first group of 15 interns arrived in Los Angeles, having been chosen from more than 700 applicants. In 2022, over 100 interns were invited to participate, chosen from more than 2000 applicants.
Interest in the program is not surprising considering the lack of access that has persisted for the population it serves.
HBCU in LA|NY|ATL partners with industry organizations who pledge to provide paid internship experiences to deserving students.
TRAINING + DEVELOPMENT
Participating students receive lectures on the creative and entrepreneurial aspects of the industry. Students also receive career coaching, networking opportunities and instruction on interview skills and the mores, etiquette and cultures of the industry.
OUR IMPACT + REACH
Convert from Intern to Hire
- Creates access and opportunity for underrepresented student groups who, in many cases, can now accept their first internship with an entertainment organization in Los Angeles
- Provides a diverse pipeline of talent and cultivates collaborations that foster diversity within the industry
- Inspires industry learning via guest lectures, field trips, studios tours, screenings and industry events all designed to enhance and expand students’ knowledge of how Hollywood works
- Supports and strengthens curricula and other industry inspired learning opportunities
- Provides mentoring and networking opportunities to inspire, guide and train the next generation of industry leaders
- Supports annual visits to HBCU and PMI campuses for recruitment and educational career forums
our Industry partners
From receiving insider
networking strategies to having
personal access to industry
representatives, the program
provides students a competitive
edge as it relates to securing
opportunities with companies that
make up this multi-billion dollar
– YANELA GORDON
DIRECTOR OFFICE OFF
SCHOOL OF JOURNALISM &
I have gained a tremendous intellect in not only the entertainment industry, but with art, my own imagination, creative collaboration, team work, and work ethic.
– cole mason
WARNER BROS. INTERN,
2019 HBCU IN LA COHORT
This program is a blessing and I truly owe Ms. Milner so much. She changed my LIFE. I live in Hollywood! That’s still crazy for me to say. Keep changing lives.
– Alexandria whitner
ICM PARTNERS. INTERNM,
2018 HBCU IN LA COHORT
For more information or to discuss partnership +
stacy Milner: email@example.com 818.557.0389